The Madville Haunted Hunt is a new event starting in 2023. After participating in the other haunted hunts for many years, we know what works and what doesn’t. One of the biggest issues we’ve hit with other hunts is trying to juggle 10+ notecards with 100+ lands listed on each. We felt this approach was, well, less than efficient.
Our hunt is different. There’s no notecards to juggle & no cryptic clues to try to decipher. We keep it simple. The land owner rezzes one of our signs & registers on our website. Players wear a simple HUD that helps them locate the hunt items. This keeps things simple, while still keeping the “treasure hunt” aspect alive & well.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the hunt run?
- The Hunt will open for registration on September 1, 2023 and run through November 1, 2023.
- Can any land be used?
- No. Mainland or Estates are welcome to participate, however lands participating in the hunt must follow a Halloween or Haunted theme. Our goal is to help exhibit the creativity and spirit of Halloween that envelopes Second Life this time of year so we reserve the right to deactivate any land found to not be in the spirit of things. To be clear, you don’t need to “go all out” and completely remodel your sim to participate, but you do need to do more than just rez out a Jack O’ Lantern and call it a day. Final decision to approve a land or not is reserved by our admins.
- Does it cost anything?
- No. Both the haunted beacon for your land and the player’s HUD is 100% free. Donations are appreciated. It costs time and money to run a hunt like this, so while we don’t charge, donations are greatly appreciated. You can send your donations directly to Stone Lunasea in-world or donate via the website.
- Are there any other rules?
- Yes. Please see the Hunt Land Rules page for landowners, or the How to Play page for players for more information.